My hijab, my personality


What do you see when you look at me
Do you see some one limited or someone free

All some people can do is just look and stare
Simply because they cant see my hair

Others think I am controlled and uneducated
They think that I am limited and un-liberated

They are so thankful they are not me
Because they would like to remain free

Well free isn’t exactly the word I would’ve used
Describing women who are cheated on and abused

They think I do not have opinions or voice
They think that being hooded isnt my choice

They think that the hood makes me look caged
That my husband or dad are totally outraged

All they can do is look at me in fear
And in my eye there is a tear

Not because I’ve been stared at or made fun of
Because they were ashamed to play by their own rules

I will be recognized because I am smart and bright
And because some people are inspired by my Sight

We have the strength to do what we think is right
Even if it means putting up a life-long fight

So u see we are the ones that are free and liberated
We are not the ones who are sexually terrorized and violated

So when people ask you how you feel about the hood
Just sum it up by saying ‘ baby, its all good! ’

src : http://forevermuslim.wordpress.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doa Haikal dan khasiatnya

Kalau nak senang bangun malam...

JENIS-JENIS SOLAT